Sunday, January 14, 2007

catch-up time


Well...all my hopes of being a better blogger is slowly fading. It is already half way through the month of January and this is my first post. Blechh!

Well, I do have FOs to show you. On the left is a pair of Trekking socks that I finished early December. They are leaving me to be gifted.

I used 2.25mm needles, toe up with short-row toes and heels. The cuff is 2x2 ribbing. I cast off using knit two then knit them together. It is one of the most elastic cast off I've tried.

This is a one skein scarf using the lace pattern provided by the label. It is Portrait Mohair. I knit this as a shop model for Purl Diva.
The mittems are make from yarn by End of the World farms, located in Maine. These are 100%wool hand handpainted. I thought they were a bit too scratchy for my feet, but sturdy for mitts.

The background quilt was made by my MIL. She found a magazine with patterns from Korea, so she designed her own version of it. It is very pretty AND I am allowed to use it. :)

This hat is a "Prime Rib" hat knit using Elizabeth Wimmerman's recommendations in "Knitting without Tears". This is hat no.2. Hat no. 1 is mine and the picture of it can be seen here. They are both knit with Sheep Shop Yarn's Sheep 2 and size 11 needles. I did mine in the greenish colorway, knit flat. This turquoise coloway is knit in the round. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be knitting brioche ribbing in the round.
This one has been gifted.


Finally, but not the least: I have photos of the Mystery Shawl 3 that I finished a while ago, but did not have the time to block. It has been sent away as a gift, as well. She wrote that she'll wear it for Christmas. I think she likes it. It is Zephyr, Jade, size 3.75mm KA circular, pattern here from Bo Peep's Wool Shop. It was originally a mystery shawl knit with a Yahoo! group.

Well, that's it for 2006.

There are other item that did not get finished, but that's another story .

No comments: